Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Two Birthdays and a Cow

We celebrated my dad and my brother's October birthdays this past weekend. 
We couldn't put a combined total of 86 candles on the cake and still eat it...

I was sad because my camera didn't cooperate for the actual blowing out of the candles.  This picture is a lesson in what happens when you ask two goofy men who hate pictures to "pretend"!

 My Dad - rockin' his Texas Rangers shirt the kids gave him a few days earlier on his actual b-day!

A dad is someone who
wants to catch you before you fall
but instead picks you up,
brushes you off,
and lets you try again.

A dad is someone who
wants to keep you from making mistakes
but instead lets you find your own way,
even though his heart breaks in silence
when you get hurt.

A dad is someone who
holds you when you cry,
scolds you when you break the rules,
shines with pride when you succeed,
and has faith in you even when you fail...

Dad, you're everything a dad should be and some.
 
- Susan Ceylise

Love you, Dad!  Thanks for being a wonderful father and FaNtAsTiC "Papa"! 
 



My "little" brother
 A brother is a friend given by Nature.  - Jean Baptiste Legouve
Love you, Timothy! Thanks for being my brother, my friend, and my kids CrAzY uncle!!!

And what Birthday dinner would be complete without taking a picture with an over-sized cow?


Kendall couldn't be bothered to stop eating her ice-cream cone
and silly Uncle Timmy is hiding!


HaPpY BiRtHdAy to two of my favorite guys!  WE LOVE YOU!!!

Verse of the day - "As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another." Proverbs 27:17

Blessings,
Kelli

3 comments:

  1. an oversized cow - of course! you are so fun to read, i love your "blog voice"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had forgotten how good Bryan's Steakhouse is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to ask where you found the giant cow!! Looks like a wonderful weekend celebrating two wonderful guys.

    ReplyDelete