Saturday, October 30, 2010

Here come the Pumpkin People...

Every year, the 1st graders bring a pumpkin to school to turn them into "Pumpkin People".  The kids use straight pins to stick in different types of craft items to make these FUN creations.  This activity always brings a smile to my face.  The kids have so much fun and I am constantly amazed by their creativity!
Working Hard

Demonstrating some straight pin action (straight pins are also known as "needles" or "nails" to 1st graders)

We get by with a little help from our friends!
Here are the finished products.  Of course, we have to name them!
Ghost Rider, Kung Fu Panda, and Cinderella

 
Makayla, Hannah Montana and Michael Jackson
  
Lava Girl, Slimy and Shark
 
Lava Boy, Princess and Michael

Bella and Gabriella

Gokoo and Brittany

I think these two look like Bert and Ernie from Sesame Street!


Lined up in the hall for everyone to see


Some of Mrs. P's Pumpkin People

Some of Mrs. 7e's Pumpkin People
I was EXTRA excited for this activity this year because of my personal 1st grader!  I snuck over to his class a few times to snap some pics.

Mrs. 7e's sweet mom, Mrs. Cloud, came to help!  I believe she was taking special hair orders at this moment.

Pinning in some hair - it was hat day, by the way.

Jackson and "Mr. Pumpkinhead"

The genius behind the pumpkin people - Mrs. Sevigny!  She's the best!
We sent our orange friends home on Friday, so our families could enjoy them for Halloween!

Verse of the day - "and he has filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts" Exodus 35:31

Blessings,
Kelli

1 comment:

  1. Perfect verse to go with this post. What fun. And I love Jackson's pumpkin. I think you are genius too!

    ReplyDelete