Friday, October 22, 2010

Claws up!

The Texas Rangers are going to the
World Series!!!



I cannot begin to tell you how happy this makes me.  For the girl that used to decorate her notebooks in junior high and high school with pictures of Nolan Ryan and Pudge Rodriguez, it's a dream come true.  I know, I know...I was such a N.E.R.D.  But now my undying love and devotion are paying off!

You couldn't grow up in my house without loving baseball (my dad's name is Ted Williams, afterall).  Family vacations almost always revolved around a Rangers game - Thanks, Mom and Dad!  To put it lightly, we love us some Rangers baseball!!!! 

When I was 13 years old, I wrote a letter to Nolan Ryan telling him what a great man I thought he was and how I admired his talent and work ethic (I didn't mention that I had a little crush on him).  I wouldn't change much in that letter today except to say how HAPPY I am that he owns this Rangers team that is headed to the World Series.   I loved the look on his face tonight as he celebrated with his family! It couldn't happen to a nicer guy! 

I won't discuss the Yankees - Okay, just a few little things...poetic justice for A-Rod (last out of the game that takes us to the World Series..Can anyone else hear Toby Keith - How do like me now?), horrible calls by the umpires (really not one of you sees the ball hit his shin, fan interference, etc.),  and finally money can buy you ex-Rangers but not a trip to the World Series this year.

LET'S GO RANGERS!!!!!     LET'S GO RANGERS!!!!!    
LET'S GO RANGERS!!!!!

I will not be able to post again about the Rangers until the World Series is over (win or lose).  You see, in my mind, my facebook or blog posts could sway the outcome of the games (I know, I know, I'm still a N.E.R.D.).  Oh well, better safe than sorry! 

Until next time - Happy Game Watching! 

Verse of the day - "The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save.  He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing." Zephaniah 3:17

Blessings,
Kelli






2 comments:

  1. I have to admit, we are not baseball fans at our house, much to the disappointment of my mom and sister. However, all the excitement has made me excited about the world series. I am going to have to get in on it this year! My sis was a HUGE Nolan Ryan fan growing up, and I too *might* have had a *little* crush on him :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I am going to root for an American League team for the first time EVER in a World Series. Can't quite believe I'm going to do that. But, GO RANGERS!!

    ReplyDelete