Saturday, October 16, 2010

Friday Night Lights

My dad and our good friend Danny go to a high school football game every Friday night.  Sometimes they stay here in town and sometimes they drive to a surrounding community.  This week, Danny was out of town so Jackson and I went with my dad to the Monterey/Coronado game.


L.O.V.E.
Jackson has really become interested in football "terminology" this season.  He loves to watch the game and try to call the plays.  Shall I say he loves to watch the plays in the 1st, 3rd and 4th quarters.  The 2nd quarter is devoted to whining talking me into buying him a snack because he is "starving to pieces".    Anyways, it makes my heart happy to hear Jackson and my dad having a conversation about football.

I also reaffirmed the fact that Jackson is genetically linked to my dad...A group of rowdy, ill-behaved middle schoolers came to sit stand in front of us.  Jackson turns to my dad and I, rolls his eyes and says "Teenagers!".

I love that Jackson has such a great relationship with his Papa!

Verse of the day - "Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize."     1 Corinthians 9:24

Blessings,
Kelli

2 comments:

  1. What fun. Jackson is becoming quite the little man. I'm sure he will have all the terminology down soon! He sure is a sweet boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good picture of Jackson and Ted.

    ReplyDelete