Sunday, June 5, 2011

It's their party and I'll cry if I want to!

I blogged about my friend Cheryl retiring last week. :( It was sad, it was hard, there were many, many tears!  Our school also had two other great ladies retire as well.  It will not be the same without them next year!

We held a Retirement Reception for these three wonderful women at the beginning of May.  It was so lovely - such a nice tribute to honor their many years of service!



This is the gift table - Mrs. P, our music teacher, did a great job decorating this table!  Our school gave each retiree an initial platter and a scrapbook.  The scrapbooks contained a personal note from each staff member alongside their picture.  My friend Michel came up with that brilliant idea!  I'm speaking for them, but I'm sure they will treasure the book always.  Behind the platters were hurricane vases for cards.  So pretty!
 
Part of the food table - Look at those flowers!!!  Aren't they beautiful?!?  Seriously, it was the prettiest arrangement I have ever seen!  My friend Laurie (whom also teaches with us) and her husband did the flower arrangements as their gift to the retirees.  This picture doesn't even do it justice!

 
The entire food table - Have I mentioned what great people I work with?  Everything was delicious and beautiful!  That punch (also made by a teaching friend) is SOOO good!
 
Cher-Bear :)

 
Michel, Cheryl, and I...They didn't give me the black and white memo ;) Although I did a great job matching the flowers!


Great friends from school


Cheryl and her precious mom, Carolyn (she's also know as Mammers)

Our three retirees

Also designed by our music teacher, Mrs. P!  This beautiful piece was on the back on the gift table.  Glass blocks tied with tulle with fresh flowers - so creative!  My mom has already "borrowed" this idea and used it at another dinner.


Cheryl and her nieces and great nieces and nephews - I love these kids and their moms are pretty amazing as well!
 
Jackson and AnnaBelle chatting over cake and punch


Last but not least - some of my fav peeps!  Danny, Debbie, Yommy and Kendall - they all love Cheryl too!  Laurie also did the flowers on each of the tables.  She's so talented!


It was a lovely party for three lovely women!  We put on a pretty great party if I do say so myself!

Verse of the day - "being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Philippians 1:6

Blessings,
Kelli

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful picture of the three of you! I'm sure the wonderful women will treasure the gifts and the day for years and years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet, how sweet. Very gorgeous ladies with precious hearts!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful reception for such beautiful ladies!

    ReplyDelete