Friday, June 3, 2011

Christ is Risen, indeed!

Well, here it is June and I'm finally blogging Easter.  My hopes are to be all caught up by next Thursday which is a certain boy's birthday.  I keep pretending he won't be 7, but he keeps reminding me and giving daily countdowns.  Anyways - on to Easter...

We were very touched to be asked to walk in the Easter procession at the early service.  We "dressed" the church back up after a solemn, yet beautiful Good Friday service.  The plan was for Jackson and Zach to walk down one aisle each holding a lily - that plan worked beautifully!  Kendall and I were supposed to walk down the opposite aisle with me holding the lily - I'll let you guess which one of us didn't participate in the processional.  She wasn't really "feeling" it and then she saw Yommy and Papa - they were a much better offer.  She lasted through about 15 minutes of the service and then went to play in the nursery.  Oh well, we gave it whirl!

We didn't have anytime at all to take pictures with my mom and dad.  Zach and I had to teach Sunday School and Mom and Dad had to drive to their own church.  During Sunday School, my friend Ann and I had the 1st, 2nd and 3rd graders.  We helped them each make a set of resurrection eggs.  50 kids with 12 eggs to fill = a small amount of chaos!  I cannot thank Ann enough for all her help that day!  Without her, we would still be there trying to finish our projects!

I tried to take some pictures of the kids after church.  Key word - tried!!!


Amazed that the fountain has water again...


She's not unhappy, she's gabbing away...

He's not unhappy, just being silly...


Jackson and I are ready to give up!

We find a bench, she keeps on talking...


Yay - he poses nicely!


Now she sees a bug...

Look, Mom - he's right there! A little bug...


Look, Bubba, look at the bug!
 After church, we headed to Mom and Dad's house to hunt Easter eggs.  My mom is the best if you didn't already know that.  Since the week before Easter had been so sad and busy, she stuffed and hid over 150 eggs for the kids.  She's seriously the BEST!



Ready to hunt!

She was very picky choosing which eggs to put in her basket.


Jackson was the opposite, he put anything and everything in his basket.



That tricky Yommy, she did a great job hiding the eggs!


Sometimes your flip-flop gets stuck and you have to do some inventive maneuvering!


Happy girl!

Happy Boy!  (see how much fuller his basket is?)


My loves!
 Easter evening we went to Danny and Debbie's house for dinner.  They are like another set of grandparents to my kids and spoil them way more than they deserve.  We are so blessed to be a part of their lives!
Jackson was so excited about his new book.  He finished reading it the Tuesday after Easter!


Kendall got a Fancy Nancy book with her favorites - stickers!!!

Precious moment - so glad my camera snaps fast pictures!

It was a such a beautiful day!  I felt very blessed to celebrate the resurrection of our Lord with my family and friends.  At the same time, it was very hard to celebrate without Yvetta.  We trade off holidays each year and this was supposed to be her Easter.  I know she was celebrating Easter with the best seat in the house, but our hearts were aching for her!  She loved to watch the kids hunt for eggs - it was one of her favorites! 

Verse of the day - "and when they did not find his body, they came back saying that they had even seen a vision of angels, who said that he was alive." Luke 24:23

Blessings,
Kelli

No comments:

Post a Comment