Thursday, June 23, 2011

How in the world did this happen?

Jackson has officially completed the 1st grade.  Okay, okay he completed it weeks ago, but I'm just now getting around to blogging about it.  How did this happen?  How did he become my seven year old second grader?  Wasn't he just born yesterday?

Here are a few highlights from the last few days of school...



Jackson and his Play Day buddy

Fun times at Play Day

More games on the blacktop

Popsicles to start the end-of-year party...
 
Then bubbles to finish up a great day!

Bubble blowing machine!
 
We have a "1st Grade Autograph Party" during the last week of school.  It's so much fun for the kids.  All the classes head down to the cafeteria (easier to write on the tables) with pencils and books in hand.  I love watching how they interact with each other. 
 
Fun memories!

Jackson and Mrs. 7e...Two of most favorite people!  We take our picture with each of the the kids at the end of the year.  We give them a copy in a frame to take home.  I keep my pictures as my screen saver so I can say a little prayer over each of them during the summer.  Jackson's picture with Mrs. 7e is on his nightstand :) 


Awards Assembly!  Jackson receiving his awards from Mrs. P and Mrs. Lopez.  Mrs. P (Michel) and I handed out Mrs. 7e's awards while she was out with her back injury.  It was my first awards assembly without her! :(


So proud of this boy!  Commendable Attendance, 4.0 Honor Roll, Outstanding Citizenship, Music Award and Reading Award

Can't wait to see what 2nd grade has in store for our little man, but I'm relishing every second I have with him this summer!!!

Verse of the day - "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

Blessings,
Kelli

1 comment:

  1. Those are wonderful pics!!! Wonderful pics for a wonderful kid!!! Love you all! Mom

    ReplyDelete