Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Nastics

Also known by non-three year olds as Gymnastics.  Kendall had a Gymnastics program at school at the beginning of May.  It was really amusing - in a proud Mom sort of way.  When I tell people I teach 1st grade, most people say "Oh, 1st grade!  I could NEVER do that."  When I think about teaching Gymnastics to two and three-year olds, my response is pretty much the same.  Seriously, her sweet teachers were so calm, patient and encouraging.  They definitely have crowns of jewels waiting on them in Heaven.

Kendall and her friend K waiting for their turn on the mat.  This was our first attempt at letting her wear her hair in a ponytail to school.  Lots of curls do not make for an easy "pony", but it stayed for the performance.

Backward Bunny Hop


"Vaulting" over the mat

Backrolls down the mat


Hear no evil, Speak no evil, Smell no evil
They were actually singing a cute little body part song.


Kendall and her sweet friend C admiring their medals


So excited about the medals!



The whole class


Yommy came to watch, too!  She's the best!!!


So proud of our girl!
I CANNOT for the life of me get videos from my camera to upload!  FRUSTRATING!!!  These are videos I took on my phone.  Ignore my voice in the background.





Verse of the day - "Beloved, I pray that all may go well with you and that you may be in good health, as it goes well with your soul." 3 John 1:2

Blessings,
Kelli

2 comments:

  1. She was awesome!! I really enjoyed the program.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! Love the curly pony!!

    You might have to compress the videos in order to be able to upload them to your blog. John downloaded software from the internet that will compress videos. If you want I can find out more info. I don't know all the details because I usually just tell him I need a video compressed. ;-)

    ReplyDelete