Tuesday, February 1, 2011

100th Day, Snow Day, Sick Day

Yesterday we celebrated the 100th Day of School!  We asked our students to bring 100 items to school.  We give them guidelines, of course - easily carried by the students, 100 of the same thing (not 10 pennies, 10 crayons, 10 buttons, etc) and so on. 

Apparently, my son went above and beyond.  Because instead of just bringing this little project...

I read him some ideas I found online about what he could bring - he couldn't decide between cereal and stickers, so he went with both.
He also brought a fever over 100 - 102.3!  I checked on him when I picked my kids up from lunch and he felt super warm.  I told him I would take him to the nurse so she could check him out.  He pleaded with me, "NO, Mom, PLEASE!  Don't take me to the nurse, I want to stay - it's 100's day.  I only have a fever, I don't feel bad!  PUHLEEEEEASE!!!!"  He didn't win this argument.  Zach came to pick him up and took him to doctor.  Both his flu and strep tests came back positive, YUCK!!!  The doctor told him he couldn't go back to school until Wednesday or he's not running a fever.  So, my precious little school-lover prayed for a snow day so his perfect attendance record would stay intact.  Looks like he prayed hard enough - school was canceled today!  So far, his fever has stayed away as well.  Besides being more lethargic and whiny than usual, he seems to be feeling okay.

Kendall went to the doctor on Saturday and has an ear infection.  So both my kids are really bummed that it has finally snowed, but neither of them can play in it.  They don't believe me that it is too cold anyway (wind chill around negative 20, no thank you!).  I don't feel that great either and I think a day at home in our pajamas with books and movies will do our bodies and souls some good!  Poor Zach - he's at work. 

Verse of the day - "Do everything without grumbling or arguing" Philippians 2:14

Blessings,
Kelli

4 comments:

  1. I loved 100th Day!! We did the same thing with our kids, and I always had some really creative projects. I'm so sorry that your over achiever couldn't stop with just the poster board project! Strep and flu - bless his heart. I hope you are all feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - way to raise an overachiever :) We LHS girls are like that. Serioiusly though, I hate that you are sick. All my friends have snow days today and I am little jealous! We needed to do school today so we can take some time off next week, but I REALLY wanted to stay in my pajamas, put a movie on for the kids, and knit! I hope you wake up tomorrow well and rested and refreshed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that he is feeling better, and I am really glad that at least 3 of you got to stay inside today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry that you've all felt bad on your snow day. I hope you are all feeling better soon. Please let me know what I can do for you!!

    Great 100 days project!!

    ReplyDelete