Sunday, February 6, 2011

Weekend Review

Phew!  What a weekend we had!

Here's a recap -

Friday Night 7-9: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang practice
  • I might have mentioned once or twice about what a cute show this is going to be :)  You can purchase tickets through Select-a-Seat.  Can't believe it's almost here - less than two weeks!
Saturday Morning 10-1: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang practice

Saturday Lunch 1:30-2:30: Zach's Birthday Lunch
  • If you guessed Whataburger - you are....WRONG!  It was his 2nd fast food love - Jack in the Box.
Saturday Early Evening 4:15-7:30: 1st Grade Sunday School Valentine's Party
  • My friend Ann had the most fabulous idea of having a 1st Grade Sunday School Valentine's Party.  Our church usually has a Sweetheart Tea but decided not to this year.  Ann is such a great party-planner and host.  I'm so blessed by her friendship and was honored that she asked me to help.  Mind you, she did the lion-share of the work!  Did I mention how amazing she is?
  • I promise I took my camera with me, but did not use it very wisely.  Ann included lots of great pictures on her blog.  You can find it here.
  • I love watching the kids grow up both physically and spiritually.  Ann and I have been with these kids since they were two.  My how time flies! 
Saturday Evening 8:00-8:15: Drop kids off at Yommy and Papa's for a slumber party
  • Not sure who enjoys these slumber parties more - my parents or my kids! 
Saturday Even Later 8:30 - 1:15: Date night with Zach to celebrate his birthday
  • We went out to eat and then to see The King's Speech.  I really liked the movie and actually remembered bits and pieces of the story line from my high school European History class.    I have to admit I was a teensy bit tired and might have taken a few short naps during the film.  If I get still and it's dark - I'm a goner.  My poor husband filled me in on the parts I missed on the way home.  I usually find Oscar-nominated films overrated - but not this one.  I highly recommend it!
Sunday Morning 9:15 - 10:50: Church + SNOW
  • Zach had to work today :( I picked up the kids from Yommy and Papa's and we headed to church.  It was a very peaceful ride to church.  We were entranced by the HUGE snowflakes falling but thankfully not sticking!  God's wonders continue to amaze!
Sunday Lunch 11:00 - 1:00: Grocery store
  • We skipped "big" church.  I felt our pastor needed a Sunday to preach without Kendall interrupting with her chatter and/or screaming.
  • The kids and I headed to the grocery store to grab a bite for lunch and do some "light" shopping.  The majority of the time we spent waiting in line to check-out with all the other people getting ready for the Super Bowl. 
  • We got some really YuMmY red-velvet cupcakes for Zach's birthday. 
Sunday Afternoon 2:00 - 4:30: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang practice
  • More thanks to my mom and dad!  They watched Kendall while I took Jackson to rehearsal. 
Sunday Evening 5:00 - 9:30 Super Bowl!
  • Zach got off at 5:00 - just in time for the game!  I made (I'll use that term loosely here) little smokies and queso.  It was nice to sit down and spend some time with my three favorite people.  I was rooting for the Packers and was glad they won.  The commercials and half-time show were a little underwhelming though.  Glee's recording right now, so I'm hoping it won't disappoint!
By the way, does anyone else smell leather?  That's right - Spring Training starts next week!  The Rangers have their first full practice on the 19th! 

Verse of the day - "You alone are the LORD. You made the heavens, even the highest heavens, and all their starry host, the earth and all that is on it, the seas and all that is in them. You give life to everything, and the multitudes of heaven worship you." Nehemiah 9:6

Blessings,
Kelli

2 comments:

  1. You are one busy lady!! When I planned the party, I had no idea I was adding so much to an already full plate. Thank you for all of your help!! I don't know what I would do without you!

    I LOVED the King's Speech too. It was wonderful! Hope you have a relaxing week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wished we could come see the play! It sounds like it's going to be such fun. Also - glad to know your thoughts on the movie. Also - gracious girl, your schedule makes my head spin!

    ReplyDelete