Friday, January 7, 2011

Raindrops on Roses and Whiskers on Kittens...

These are a few of my favorite things!  Well, at least a few of my favorite gifts I gave for Christmas.  I also received a ton of great gifts, my blog would be WAY too long if I tried to include all those.  This year, I decided to give a lot of personalized presents for some reasons.  I wasn't really going with a theme, but it sort of turned out that way!

Photo books from Shutterfly...super easy and fun!
 
Calendars from Shutterfly...equally as easy and way cute for desks, etc.

Personalized bags from "my thirty one".  Great bags, totes, purses, lunch kits - all personalized.  They have all types of fabrics and fonts.  Message me on facebook if you want more information about these.
 
Initial pendant from Initial Outfitters.  My friend Mandy introduced me to this company.  I cannot describe the cuteness of the jewelry in words and the prices are very reasonable!  I love the jewelry, but they also carry soap, embroidered towels and handbags, baby items and home decor items.  This is the pendant I gave my mom.

Sorry - couldn't get a great pic without the flash!  You can choose from a ton of different font styles.

So, this gift was given by me, but was also received by me.  Don't judge!  This is from The Rusted Chain.  I have always wanted one of these "tag" necklaces, but didn't want to pay an arm and a leg.  Finally, my wish came true.  I did order other necklaces, but forgot to take pictures before I gave them as gifts. 
I love shopping!  My kids, husband and wallet - not so much!  Most of the above gifts were ordered from the comfort of my own home which make them extra sweet!

Okay, so if you are not related to me - you probably don't want to read the next part of this post.  It's about one of my kids - shocker, I know!

Jackson was named a TOP DOG for the 3rd six weeks at school.  We are super proud of him!!!


He loves the dog tags he gets with his certificate.
I've mentioned this before, but at each TOP DOG assembly one grade level is in charge of the "entertainment".  Third grade was in charge this time.  They pulled out one of my all time favorites - The Tower of Trust.
Here's the story in pictures (I got a new camera - WooHoo!)...

The students read examples of when they were trustworthy or helpful (i.e. "Someone asked me for an answer on a test, I said no," or "I used nice words when others were saying mean things.").  For each example, a block was added to the tower of trust.

For each good choice, the tower got taller...

And taller!!!  It took 21 good choices to build the Tower of Trust this high.
 
But then came the bad choices!  For each bad choice (i.e. "I helped someone cheat on a test."), one block was removed.
 
Only 4 bad choices later (Austin had the opportunity to take out the last "bad choice block") and...

The tower came tumbling down! 
What a great visual!  I pray that I remember my Tower of Trust and how quickly it can come down no matter how long I've worked on building it up!

Verse of the day - "Whoever trusts in his own mind is a fool, but he who walks in wisdom will be delivered." Proverbs 28:26

Blessings,
Kelli

2 comments:

  1. I love the gifts you gave!! Such great ideas. I gave myself something too- I think it is just a mommy thing. People can't read our minds!!

    So proud of Jackson for being a top dog again. (Plus, your hair looks cute. It looks shorter since the last time I saw you.) Love the tower of trust example. A good lesson to learn early!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great gift ideas! Congratulations to Jackson for being top dog again!

    ReplyDelete