Tuesday, January 11, 2011

January Nights

I'm so glad it's finally cold here.  Yes, our skin is dry and we have to wear some extra layers, but it is nice to finally wear a sweater and not burn up in it.  Plus, it feels more like winter and we get to enjoy hot chocolate and snuggle under blankets.

And Jackson gets to learn about false advertising...

Do you see any marshmallows in this hot chocolate?

Really, are you sure? Because this is the box it came out of...
5x More Marshmallows!?!
Well, I guess 0 times 5 is technically 0.
And when we're not at home, we're usually at Bubba's basketball games.  Bless the Bobcats' hearts - they haven't won a single game!  We thought we might have had a chance last Saturday when we scored 10 points for the first time, but nope - we still lost.  At least they keep trying, I know a lot of adults who could stand to learn that lesson. 

I was so proud of Jackson during this game.  The kid he had been guarding was aggressive all game - elbows, hips, you name it.  Finally, Jacks had enough.  When they lined up for a free throw shot, Jackson boxed him right out the lane for the rebound.
 
Getting instructions from coach

Usually, Zach takes Jackson to basketball practice and I do homework and piano practice with him.  It's a pretty sweet trade-off!  While Bubba and Daddy are gone to practice, I get to spend some one-on-one time with Kendall.  On Monday night, I decided we would have a beauty night.

First, we did our hair.  Again, I'll save you the pictures of myself.
She's really digging "clippies" these days.
Next, I painted her nails.

She chose pink.  I painted a hand and a half pink when she said, "I not like this pink.  I want orange."  Luckily, I had orange in the drawer from college.
 
Orange nails!?!

She wanted the orange off about 20 minutes later.  Oh well, I had fun spending some girl time with her.

Most of our January nights end like this - pajamas, snuggles and hot chocolate.

What are these three watching on television?
  
Andy Griffith, of course! 
Jackson likes Andy and Opie and Kendall LOVES Andy and Goober. 
Yes, we DVR it - Yes, we know we're dorks!

And to add a little more randomness to this post...It is College and Career week at school.  Mrs. P brought her mortar board cap from college to show her kids.  She took pictures of them wearing it and they wrote about what college they wanted to attend and what they wanted to be when they grow up.  Seriously, they are the cutest things ever - not sure why I didn't take a picture.  Anyways, she let Jackson try the cap on and I couldn't resist taking a picture.
Meet Jackson McCammond - College Graduate Class of 2026 (deep breath, *tears*)
Wants to attend: Texas Tech University (brainwashing, anyone?)
Career Aspirations: Judge (this is a new one to add to the ever-changing list)

Verse of the day - "Ears to hear and eyes to see--both are gifts from the LORD." Proverbs 20:12

Blessings,
Kelli

1 comment: