Sunday, January 2, 2011

MMXI

HaPpY NeW YeAr!!!

Wow!  I cannot believe 2010 flew by like it did.  People always say how time goes faster and faster the older you get...boy, are they ever right!  I am hoping to cherish each moment of 2011 because it will be gone before we know it.

New Year's Eve - We spent the first part of the night over at Danny and Debbie's house.  We ate pizza, watched football and enjoyed each other's company.
 
Danny and Papa sure do make us laugh!  These four together = TROUBLE!


Happy New Year, Yommy!!!

Kendall terrorizing poor Abby Kitty.  She loves Danny and Debbie's cat - I don't blame Abby for not feeling the same way about this screaming, crazy girl!
 
Papa and Danny trying to figure exactly what that Silly Band is supposed to be...

Jackson and Debbie
 
Jackson showing everyone his silly pictures -he's not the least bit fond of this present from Yommy and Papa, can you tell?

Enjoying the beautiful fire...I found myself wishing we hadn't been so scared after Jackson's accident and bought a house with a fireplace.
 
Yommy brought "Happy New Year" ring suckers for these happy kids!
We left Debbie and Danny's and headed home before "the crazies hit the streets" (as my dad always says).  Jackson wanted to stay up and watch the ball drop.  He finally figured out that the ball drops at 11:00 instead of midnight (I sometimes miss the days before he could read or tell time).  He was determined to make it until midnight - he did, just barely.  Sister made it until 11:00 and then was out like a light!

Toasting the new year with our pajamas, milk and eggnog - You can tell we are big time party-ers!

New Year's Day - We slept in!  That's a rarity around here with Early Riser #1 and Early Riser #2.  We had to say good-bye for now to Uncle Timothy and Aunt Jessica.  It always makes us sad when they have to head back.  It was good to have them here for a few weeks.  I know Jessica enjoyed spending time with her mom and sisters.  It was their first Christmas without her dad - I can't imagine how hard that must have been.  We sure do love Uncle Timmy and Aunt Jeddica!


Timothy, Jackson and one of my furry, precious nieces - Big Mama.
Jackson has been asking and asking when Kendall could go with us to the movies.  My mom, Jackson and I took her last Christmas break to see the Princess and the Frog and that did not go over very well.  She got really scared and I spent most of the movie out in the lobby with her.  Usually either Zach or I take Jackson one on one to the movies.  Today was the day - our first trip to the movies all together.  We went to see Tangled in 3D. 
  
I never can get both of them to look at the same time.

Looking seriously cute in 3D glasses!
 My lovebugs!

Tangled is a really cute movie - I know you'll be shocked to find out that I may have shed a tear or two.  I highly recommend it!  Kendall did really well.  She left her glasses on the majority of the time and liked the "really, big TV".  I only had to take her out once - I'm not giving anything away to say that the "Mother Gothel" character is a little scary for the two year old crowd.  It got really dark in one scene and the "mean woman" was yelling.  We came back in a few minutes later and all was well again.

We had a great first day of 2011 and I pray the rest of the year follows suit!

The Verse of the Day and my resolutions for 2011 are all rolled into one today (insert Kelli for "Love" or "it" and you'll see my hopes for myself in the new year) -

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." 1 Corinthians 13:4-13

Blessings,
Kelli

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year my friend!! I hope 2011 is a wonderful year for you and your family!!

    ReplyDelete