Monday, January 3, 2011

I'm going to miss this...

Tomorrow I have to go back to work.  Yes, I know how lucky I am to have two full weeks off at Christmas.  Yes, I know not everyone gets that much time off.  And no I'm not griping, I'm just sad. 

I've enjoyed two full weeks of spending time with my children.  Loving on them, cuddling, reading, snuggling, singing, dancing, Wii time, playing, napping, more reading, more playing, a little more cuddling - pure joy!  This post is dedicated to all the little things I'm going to miss tomorrow.  A tomorrow that brings getting dressed before 10:00 a.m., lesson plans, grading, homework, basketball practices/games, packing lunches/backpacks, ironing, and missing my lovebugs!

I will miss...

Playing beauty shop with this girl - Not quite long enough for a "pony", but we can finally get it into pigtails.  Notice I didn't include any of my pictures when she was finished with me.  Let's just say when your daughter says "Momma, you look like the Grinch", its probably not your best look!

Listening to this boy teach me about his new technology!

Finding this Baseball Santa in a million different places each day. 
You'd just never know where he might turn up!


Finding the nativity scenes all lined up by our girl with OCD issues.
Sidenote - My friend Cheryl (Jackson's teacher) gave this to Jackson in 2004 for his first Christmas.  Jackson told Kendall, "Be careful with that - Mrs. Sevigny gave that to me back when she was Chesez!"  Before this year, Jackson called her Chesez - a combo of her first and last name.

Finding lots more ornaments hung toward the bottom of the tree than the day before - hmmm...wonder who did that?
 
Getting to eat lunch with this guy during the week!

Spending lots of cuddling time in our pajamas!
 
And most of all - these smiles! 
The lights of my life!

I found a picture that sums up how I'm feeling about going back tomorrow while putting away the Christmas decorations...

On the outside I might look like Jackson and Santa, but on the inside I'm screaming like Kendall!
Wishing everyone a great first week of the New Year! 

Verse of the day - "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!" 2 Corinthians 5:17

4 comments:

  1. I'll miss eating lunch with you too, babe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelli- I love this post. You are a great mother. I hope that I can have as much fun with my daughter as you do with your beautiful children.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you- I hate when the time comes to go back to work and leave the babies. I hope you had a wonderful break!!

    ReplyDelete