Wednesday, January 12, 2011

37 years - They've only just begun

Today my parents are celebrating their 37th wedding anniversary.  37 years - WOW!!!  I am so amazed by their love for each other!  I only hope Zach and I can give our kids the same wonderful example of marriage that they gave (and continue to give) me and my brother. 
I obviously need to take more pictures of my parents WITHOUT my children. 
I'm going to seriously work on that this year!
I have been thinking a lot about legacies and generations lately.  Just today in a professional development meeting, the speaker- who was AmAzInG by the way - said that "when we teach, we are not just changing kids, we are changing legacies".  I thought this was a great way to describe my parents too.  They didn't just raise us, they taught us how to continue their legacy of love and start our own!  Happy Anniversary, Mom and Dad!  You guys are an indescribable source of strength and support.  I love you more than words!

And while I wasn't there 37 years ago - I believe this Carpenter's Song was...

"And when the evening comes, we smile
So much of life ahead
We'll find a place where there's room to grow
And yes, we've just begun"

I can't wait to see the next part of their love story...

Verse of the day - "Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart." Proverbs 3:3

Blessings,
Kelli


P.S. Any guesses how they celebrated tonight?  Yep, they went on a date...to Jackson's basketball game!  That's true love!!!  (I hope they are cheering loud because I'm at home with a little girl who has goopy, yucky pink eyes!

2 comments:

  1. Did you know that song was sang 37 years ago at our wedding???? Jeanie sang that Carpenter's song, at our request. It was beautiful and still brings tears to my eyes. Love Ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a wonderful couple! Hope they had a wonderful anniversary and many more years to come!

    ReplyDelete