Friday, December 3, 2010

Never too late to be thankful

So, my camera broke!  Was it the best in the world? No.  Did it take amazing pictures? No.  Am I sad? Yes.  Thus the reason for my lack of blogging recently. Well that and a certain two year old I know who has been under the weather and not wanting to sleep.  Her sleepless ramblings are a post I'll save for a rainy day!

I'm over a week late with this one, but we had a great Thanksgiving!  We went for a LONG overdue visit to my grandma's house.  My kids love going to see Memaw and getting to see lots and lots of cousins!  My grandma was blessed with 5 children and now each of those children has at least two children and those children have....well you get the picture.  My sister-in-law and I laughed hysterically when we added up all the people we were expecting for lunch on Thursday, 33 in all, and my grandma said it would be a small crowd this year.  There would be over 50 if we all could be together at the same time.  I remember the first time Zach came with me to a holiday event at my grandma's, he asked me "Could you make me some flashcards to remember everyone's name?".


My mom made the kids cute turkey shirts. 
Sadly, they were acting like turkeys and I couldn't get a good picture!

Dressing Bowl - Enough cornbread and biscuits to make 4 large pans of dressing!
  
Timothy doing some mighty fine stirring -
he was mixing in the eggs and sauteed veggies, YUM!

 
It looks so easy when grandma does it (with some help from Jessica).

My grandma making her FAMOUS macaroni and cheese! 

Cutest Thanksgiving treat ever -
Nope, I didn't make these - they wouldn't be so cute if I did. 

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my grandma's house.
 So many wonderful memories from my childhood and now my kids' childhoods!


My sweet sister-in-law listening to Jackson practice his piano.  He brought his little keyboard so he could play a song for my grandma.  Love that boy!
  
Not as random as it looks...This is a page from Jackson's "My Thankful Book" he made at school.  It says, "I am thankfull for God and Jesus."  So that part already had me on the verge of tears, then I asked him why God had spiky, blonde hair.  Notice God's hair under his label -  we studied labels as a text feature at school a few months ago, now all his pictures have labels!  He said, "Mom,  that's not his hair, that's his crown!  He is the King of Kings, you know!"  I REALLY love that boy!


I was going to take our Christmas Card picture Friday morning before we left.  But, Kendall was not feeling well and was very uncooperative.  I took one real quick picture of their cute GRINCH outfits from Yommy.

I am thankful for so many things this year...My God, my family, my friends, my church, my job, my home, my "extras"!  I am constantly reminded how much I have and how I should be in constant praise to my Heavenly Father. 

Verse of the day - "That my glory may sing your praise and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give thanks to you forever!" Psalm 30:12

Blessings,
Kelli

1 comment:

  1. So glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with your Grandma. Also, I'm so impressed with Jackson's drawings and understanding! Hope Kendall is feeling better!

    So sorry about your camera. Yuck!

    ReplyDelete