Wednesday, November 24, 2010

A new adventure begins!

We are blessed to attend an AmAzInG church!  One of my most favorite things of the many, many, many, many reasons I love our church is our Music Department.  We have super talented people who lead dynamic programs for all ages.  Our choir is out of this world - I cannot describe in words the glory they bring to the Lord each and every Sunday.  Jackson sang with the "Sunday School" singers until this year when he could join our Genesis Children's Choir since he is now a BIG first grader.  I cannot tell you how much fun he has had - he loves it!  It helps that our good friend Caroline is there for moral support.

Anyways, I tell you all of this because...Each year, our church produces a musical.  This year's musical is "Chitty, Chitty, Bang, Bang".  I asked Jackson if he wanted to try out about a month ago.  He said, "maybe" and didn't really seem that interested.  So, I didn't bring it up again.  Well, you know how men/boys always think an idea is great if someone else mentions it...His choir teacher at church told him about the auditions, and so he decided that he would try out after all!  Mind you this was on a Sunday and the auditions were the next Saturday, so we had less than a week to prepare an audition song from a musical (along with homework and basketball practices).  YIKES!  We looked through some songs together and came up with "If I only had a brain" from "The Wizard of Oz".  Listening to Jackson sing is one of my most favorite sounds in this world!  I tease him that maybe he's Baptist because he gets down when he sings!!!

We found out today that he made it!  We are so excited for him and this wonderful opportunity!  Can't wait until February to see our little man on stage as one of the children!  And as my good friend said, our ticket sales just went way up because whenever Jackson performs or plays a sport, his amazing fan club is there to support him!  He is a very blessed little boy!  Now off to work with Kendall on how to say "Chitty" correctly :)


First audition!
Verse of the day - "Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms." 1 Peter 4:10

Blessings,
Kelli

1 comment:

  1. Yes!! I'm so excited for Jackson!! This will be so much fun. Yet, I'm so sad I am going to be out of town the weekend he performs! We'll have to come to dress rehearsal. Way to go Jackson and Kelli!

    ReplyDelete