Friday, December 10, 2010

Happy Birthday, Jesus!

Kendall's Christmas Program and Party in pictures...


All dressed and ready to go - she loves her sparkly shoes!

The sanctuary looked so pretty - I love Chrismon ornaments!
 
We didn't pick the best spot to sit - it was really difficult to see her, much less snap a good pic.

I was afraid that if she finally spotted us, she would run off the stage.  Instead we got this sweet smile and she kept singing!

Yommy got to come!  Thanks, Yommy...You really are the best!

We are not the least bit proud - can you tell?

After the program, we headed down to the party.  This is just about the cutest place setting I've ever seen.  Kendall has a wonderful teacher - What a great idea!

She wanted to show me how Mrs. Sherry traced her hands. 

Kendall also loves pancakes - a.k.a. cupcakes.

Completely wrapped around her little finger!

I apologize for the momma's head in the middle of the video.  She was trying to watch two kids at once!

I thought maybe I could make it through without crying - I was wrong.  For the last song, the kids sang "Happy Birthday" to Jesus and I cried.  In Beth Moore's bible study, "Jesus, the One and Only", she had us imagine Mary holding Jesus for the first time.  I don't know about you, but when I held my babies for the first time I felt unconditional love, unimaginable joy, euphoric peace and indescribable happiness.   Now imagine how Mary felt knowing not only was she was holding her sweet baby boy, but the Light of the World as well.  Happy Birthday, Jesus!!!

Verse of the day - "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace." Isaiah 9:6

Blessings,
Kelli

3 comments:

  1. So sweet!!! Kendall is a doll. Indeed!! Happy Birthday Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so cute!! It looks like all of you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had such a great time!!! Thanks for the invite. Mom

    ReplyDelete