Saturday, March 26, 2011

Spring Break - The Finale

Spring Break Part 3...

Sunday morning we got up early to share one last breakfast with Aunt Carol, Scott and Jennifer before they had to head back to Houston.  Sadly, I didn't get any pictures.  Boo!

After breakfast, we got dressed and headed out to church with my Grandma.  This is not just any church, mind you, this is the church my mom grew up in, my parents got married in and where my brother and I were both baptized.  Love this church and the preacher (who is the same one that married my parents and baptized us)!






The church sits right across the street from my mom's 12-in-one school.  This is where she went to elementary, middle and high school - all in the same building!

The song leader asked for hymn requests that day.  One was for "Go Tell it on the Mountain" - Kendall's favorite song!  He saw Jackson and Kendall singing away and called them up to join him.  One sang, one just sat and smiled - I'll let you guess which was which!

Uncle Bo with Jackson and Kendall.  This was the original altar for Fargo UMC.  They moved it over when the new church building was built in 1936.  It's a beautiful piece of craftsmanship!


Memaw with Jacks and Kendall

We had one last quick lunch with my Grandma and then headed back to Lubbock.  We had a great time and can't wait to see everyone again!

Verse of the day - "And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit." Ephesians 2:22

Blessings,
Kelli

1 comment:

  1. What a neat a story connecting all of you to that church! Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete