Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Let's go, Yankees(???), Let's go!

So, Jackson's baseball team is the *GULP* Yankees this year.  As much as I hate to say "Let's go, Yankees!", I do it with gladness to cheer on my lovebug.

The season has not started yet, but they (I refuse to use the Y-word more than I have to) played in a pre-season tournament this past week and weekend.  They only won 1 out of 3 games, but they played better and better each game.  I think the experience was good for the whole team!  I'm so proud of Jackson - he is getting better and better.  During the tournament, he played 1st, 2nd and 3rd base.  At the end of the second game, he hit an in-the-park home run to win the game.  I'm not sure who was more excited, Zach or Jackson!


Playing first base - no uniforms yet so we just wore white shirts.

Walking up to hit - I was never fast enough to get him actually hitting the ball. 

We played against our friend Will.  Here he is for his first at bat - so cute!

Yommy entertained Kendall - Thanks, Yommy!

And Will's sister, Brenna, played with Kendall too!  She is a precious, precious girl!!!  Can you tell the wind was blowing about 90 MPH?

Hooray for Baseball season!

Verse of the day - "Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, 4 not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others." Philippians 2:3-4

Blessings,
Kelli

3 comments:

  1. hahaha! I guess that would be akin to John having to cheer "Go longhorns!" Congrats to Jackson on the home run! Go Yankees!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Lubbock Southwest Yankees!!!! That shows our allegience to the correct team.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So proud of Jackson!! That is fabulous!! I will make an exception and cheer for the Yankees. :)

    ReplyDelete