Sunday, March 13, 2011

Miles and Miles of Texas

Our 1st/2nd grade program, "We Love Texas", was Thursday night.  Our music teacher never fails to impress - our programs are something to be seen!  She did a fabulous job this year - it was really cute!  Of course, I'm not biased or anything.  If you live in our viewing area, be sure to look out for the show on LISD-TV soon!

ARG!!!!!  I have tried and tried to upload video of the program, but blogger and I are not getting along apparently!  I wish you could have seen the video - still pictures do not do it justice.  I really wanted everyone to see how sweet Jackson looked square-dancing with Taylor!  *SIGH*

Since you can't hear any of the songs *Double-SIGH* - Here is the songlist for the evening...
1. "Texas, Our Texas"
2. "Bluebonnets of Texas"
3. "Lone Star Trail"
4. "Miles of Miles of Texas"
5. "Old Brass Wagon"
6. "Yellow Rose of Texas"

Listening Intently

Waiting to sing...Aren't these costumes great?  One mom painted and glittered each star on these shirts!  That's roughly 110 stars she painted - Parent volunteers rock!!! 


The 2nd Graders introduced us to the "Texas Alphabet".  My personal favorite..."Y is Yucca a tall type of cactus.  Be careful, don't fall, it will get stuck in your back-tus!"

The stars at night are big and bright...

Clever cacti covering the microphones!

Of course, Big Jack's fan club was there to root him on! Thanks, guys!!!

Verse of the day - "Praise the Lord, for the Lord is good; sing praise to his name, for that is pleasant." Psalm 135:3

Blessings,
Kelli
 










3 comments:

  1. Love it! I know that was hard work for everyone involved. I'm sure it was fabulous.
    (p.s. I have to compress all of my videos in order to be able to post them to blogger. I *think* you can download a free program from the internet that will compress your videos for you. I'll check with the hubs to see...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. From his fan club - we wouldn't miss it for the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful fan club!! And it looks like a wonderful show!

    If you figure out how to do video, let me know. I think I'm doing something wrong.

    ReplyDelete