Thursday, September 2, 2010

Better than a Hallelujah

It's been a sad week for us.  My precious sister-in-law lost her dad on Wednesday.  Mr. R was a wonderful man with a beautiful spirit and a great sense of humor.  He was a great father to three girls, a loving husband and son, and a gifted teacher and mentor.  I was blessed to have the opportunity to teach with him before he retired.  I don't always understand the plans God has for our lives, especially during the loss of a loved one.  However, I do know that Mr. R is now at peace with his Heavenly Father.

I came across this Amy Grant song a couple of months ago.  I was in the car by myself and had to pull over it touched me so.  The words are so poignant!  I am often at a loss for words during times of sadness and mourning, but I think this song really says it all.  I hope it brings you comfort and peace as well. 
**Well, I tried several times to post the link, but it is not cooperating!  Please go to YouTube or Google to listen to this wonderful song.  "Better that a Hallelujah" - Amy Grant

I leave you with the words of another great songwriter - "Shower the people you love with love, show them the way that you feel!"

Verse of the day - "The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit." Psalm 34:18

Blessings,
Kelli

No comments:

Post a Comment