Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Fabulous Firsts

Well, those of you that know me well - this post is late in true Kelli style!  So, it's the third (almost fourth) day of school, just pretend it's Monday afternoon.

Ready for the first day!
 I realize Kendall has no bow in her hair. 
I hate to make her sweet teachers try to keep up with it!

Jackson started first grade this year.  FIRST GRADE!  When Jackson was born it seemed like it would be forever until he was in the same grade I taught, and now here it is.  Seriously, where does the time go?  I got a little emotional (okay a lot) as we prayed together before we left for school.  However, I am one blessed momma for a multitude of reasons.  Jackson's teacher is a dear, dear friend of mine.  She is God's gift to teaching and Jackson is so lucky to have her.  I know he will be well taken care and blossom in her care.  Also, his classroom is just right across the hall from me.  Jackson has a little crush on our other talented, precious first grade teacher - he would be blessed to have her as well!

Jackson and Mrs. Sevigny

Jackson had a great first day!  He said, "We read, we cut, we colored, we glued, we did some math.  We pretty much covered it all!".  He is also very impressed with the overhead projector (ahh, to be six years old again).

It was also Kendall's first day back to school since last May.  Zach takes her to school since it does not open until 7:30.  He said she was excited until she realized he wasn't going to stay with her.  Then began the screaming that he could hear the rest of the way down the hall.  Zach and I both called to check on her throughout the day and she was doing fine.  She just needs to get over the initial shock - hopefully by September the screaming will stop.  I'm sort of glad I don't have to drop her off, I'm not sure I could leave her crying!

When Zach picked her up she was all smiles and having a great time!  I asked her if she went to school and she said, "No, I go to church (pronounced chirch in Kendallese)!".  I asked her is she had fun at church and she said, "I played toys and I runned and I played outside."  Sounds like a good day to me!  I didn't get any pictures of Kendall and her teacher on the first day, I forgot to send the camera with Zach (imagine that). 

Kendall's backpack and lunchbox - a present from Yommy for the first day of school.  Too precious!
And so another first day of school is in the books, for the kids and for me! 

Our annual picture in front of my door -
Can we call it annual if we've only done it twice?
Verse of the day - "For God did not give us a spirit of fear, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline." 2 Timothy 1:7

Blessings,
Kelli

5 comments:

  1. First, the kids look darling. Such sweet babies (I can still call them that- right?)! Second, I LOVE Jackson's comment on the first day. He covered it all. Third, Kendall makes me just want to give her a big squeeze. Fourth, you can totally call it the annual picture even on year #2!! You two look great! And lastly- I love your verse of the day. It is one I have been praying a lot lately! Hope you all have a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! It is officially and annual picture. The only time I am really sad to be a homeschool mom is during the beginning of the year. I loved going off to my first days of school! The kids are precious, and I pray you all three have a wonderful year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great picture!!! We love you guys! Thanks for coming over on Tuesday night. I think Austin really liked Kendall and Jackson.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your verse of the day....I'm going to use it as my verse of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't believe Jackson and Caroline are in first grade! When did that happen and is it really possible?

    ReplyDelete