Tuesday, September 28, 2010

How to get out of a funk - Step 1

Okay, I am a positive person MOST of the time.  Last week, however, I got myself in a little funk (okay it was a pretty big funk).  Without going into a lot of details - my funk was related to 1. Kendall not feeling well (throat infection) 2. myself not feeling well (walking pneumonia) 3. school work piling up 4. housework piling up 5. the daily frustration of juggling all the balls at once (Can I get an AMEN?). 

So, here is the first step of getting out of a MAJOR funk...Surround yourself with beautiful, caring people!

I had to take off work on Monday because Kendall was still running a fever.  When I got to school on Tuesday morning I found this on my door...


My friends at school had written encouraging little post-its and stuck them to the outside of my door! 

I am so blessed to work with the most talented, sweetest group of people!  I cannot thank them enough for helping to pull me out of my funk.  They are the BEST!!!

Here are a few of the aforementioned greatest teachers/friends EVER...
The lovely Kathleen...Teacher extraordinaire with the best ideas for everything!  She even made me some of her delicious peanut butter and frito bars to cheer me up!  Mmmm....

This is my FaBuLoUs team - Michel and Cheryl...There are not enough words to describe what these girls mean to me.  I am truly blessed by their friendship!

Aren't these shirts cute?  On the back they say "Wheelock First Graders are P.A.W.S.itively Awesome!"  Royal Ink made these - you can find them on facebook - I know them personally and they do great work!

Step 1 - Check!  Thanks friends, I love you!

Steps 2, 3, 4, 5, etc. - Coming soon!

Verse of the day - "If one falls down, his friend can help him up.  But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!" Ecclesiastes 4:10

Blessings,
Kelli

4 comments:

  1. I'm so happy you work with such great friends. Hope everyone is feeling better!! And thank you for helping me up so many times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss Wheelock so much for reasons such as these! You are so lucky to teach with such wonderful people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ann - Thanks for always helping me up as well. Love you!

    Abby - We miss you! Hope you are feeling better and things are going well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the notes! Praise the Lord for wonderful friends.

    ReplyDelete