Sunday, September 5, 2010

Wreck Em!

The official start of College Football is finally here!  Seriously, how could you not be excited?
Go Raiders!
Not quite sure how I feel about the Red Raiders starting on a Sunday, but apparently I wasn't on that committee so I didn't get a vote!  Can't wait to see what this year has in store for Tech...Hopefully good things!
We haven't quite figured out "Guns up" yet...
don't worry there is still plenty of time for brainwashing practice!

Get your guns up!
Sadly, only one of these children is going to the SMU game.  Can you guess which one would actually watch the game and stand/sit still?  You will definitely know if Kendall ever gets to go to a Football game - there will probably be reports of a curly-haired toddler running on the field during the game!  At least she'd look cute! 

I only wish you could see the Double T on the back of her bloomers!

In other news...
Last week, the 1st graders got to move to Rotation Sunday School upstairs at Church!  We were all very excited!  My camera's batteries were dead, so I didn't get one single picture!  However, my friend Ann wrote a beautiful blog about it and included some great pictures.  You can find her on my blog list to the right.  Ann and I have been teaching this group of kids since they were two and three.  I can't imagine sharing this responsibility with anyone else. Ann is AmAzInG and I am so blessed by her friendship!

I had been meaning to get Jackson a new Bible all summer.  He still had a "Baby-one" (his words not mine) with big words and huge pictures.  So, we finally got him a new one yesterday.  I highly recommend the Adventure Bible if you are in need of a good children's Bible.  You would have thought we had given Jackson a million dollars!  He is so excited about his new Bible which makes this mommy so happy she could cry!

Forgot to get a picture before Church, so here he is before the game.
He is especially excited that his name is on the front!
Verse of the day - "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

Blessings,
Kelli

2 comments:

  1. How cute are they! And what a special moment with his new Bible. I love it. We enjoyed watching the game from home this time - maybe now that we live closer we will make it to a real live game. Great verse - I love that feature on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They both look darkling and I'm completely in favor of brainwashing!!!

    Are you kidding? I'm so lucky to teach with you! I have no clue what I would do without you. So lucky to have been your friend all these years. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete