Saturday, September 18, 2010

All About Jackson

I got to spend a lot of quality time with my man Jacks this week.  I can't believe six years of his life have gone by so quickly.  I'm afraid to think of how fast the next 6 years will fly!

Part of Jackson's homework this week was to work on an "All About Me" poster.  We had a lot of fun sitting down each night to work on it.  He did a great job and was so excited to turn it in (but was afraid to turn it in on Thursday, because it wasn't due until Friday!).  It was so fun listening to him try to decide what he wanted to use and write on the poster.  One of the items suggested to use was glitter - which was at the top of his list.  He had a grand time shaking the glitter all over that poster!  Now, we are still finding glitter all over the house and on our faces, arms and hands.  It always makes me want to belt out a little of the B-52's Love Shack each time I see a sparkly piece lying about! 

So proud of his work!

Fun Times! 

Jackson also began taking piano lessons this week from our music teacher at school.  He really enjoyed it!  We sit down each night to practice and I cherish this time!  I have always loved music and I am so excited to share this love with Jackson.  Who knows maybe he'll be a piano-playing NFL player like Marion Barber...
Jackson and Mrs. Pirkle
Hopefully, I'll have an "All About Kendall" post soon.  Until then, I'll leave you with her new phrase.  I think they have been practicing introducing themselves at school.  She will say, "Hi, I my Tindle.  Nice to meet you!"  Translation: "Hi, My name is Kendall.  Nice to meet you."  Because of this I can't call her Pookie Bear anymore.  She tells me "No Pookie Bear, I my Tindle!" And my heart breaks just a little...

Verse of the day- "All your children will be taught by the LORD, and your children will have unlimited peace." Isaiah 54:13

Blessings,
Kelli

No comments:

Post a Comment