Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Thing 1 and Tooth 4

Today was Dr. Seuss Character day at school to raise money for United Way.  I never in a million years thought it would be so hard to come up with a good costume.  Jackson read lots of Dr. Seuss books to decide on a character, but he kept picking characters that would require a furry costume or more time.  He didn't want to be the Cat in the Hat because he didn't want to paint his face at school.  So, I finally coerced him into he finally chose to dress-up as Thing 1.  It was simple, which made life easier on me!  We just bought a blue wig and used the red clothes he already had.  I wrote his "Thing 1" on paper and used double-sided tape to attach it to his shirt and Voila! - Thing 1...

Cutest Seuss 1st Graders E.V.E.R. - Cindy Lou Who and Thing 1 a.k.a.
Jackson and his precious friend Taylor
I am usually all over a dress-up day as well, but the kids got out at noon today so we could attend professional development.  No dress-up day for Mommy :(

Before Thing 1 got dressed for school, he posed for a picture with his tooth fairy money from his 4th lost tooth.  Now all he wants for Halloween is his two front teeth!  We were skip-counting by 5's while doing homework and he said "Man, it's really hard to say your fives without your front teeth!"

My little vampire
Yet again, this post revolves around Jackson - I promise I'm working on a Kendall post or two!

Yesterday, Kendall says to me "Momma, my nose is running!"  I said, "I'm so sorry, let's get you a tissue."  She says, "Hurry, my nose is running OUT!"

It wasn't dress-up day at Thing 2's school, but she still wanted her picture taken (with her waffle and goofy grin!)









































Verse of the day - "Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." Luke 6:38

Blessings,
Kelli

2 comments:

  1. How fun! Those are some great costumes and ADORABLE first graders. Wy has her first loose tooth today! She has been so anxious to finally lose one. She said I could try to pull it tomorrow, maybe. It was sweet. These fun days are one of things I sad about missing being a homeschooler!

    ReplyDelete