Sunday, September 12, 2010

Flags, Grands, a Birthday and a Cowboy

Ever need a weekend to rest up from your weekend?

This weekend the McCammond family....
  • Went to Gunner's Birthday Party! 
My friend Treva's son, Gunner, celebrated his 4th Birthday with a Toy Story/Swimming bash... Much fun was had by all! 
Loves the water!

Finally - in September - this girl decides to get in a pool!
HaPpY BiRtHdAy, Gunner!  Can't believe you are 4 years old!

Kendall hearts the fake alligator!



  • Enjoyed another Red Raider victory!
  • Went to church.  Have I mentioned Zach is teaching Kendall's Sunday School class (2-yr olds!)?
  • Visited the American Tribute.
I would remiss if I didn't say more about this subject.  My husband wrote a moving blog about this anniversary of 9/11.  You can find him on my blog list to the right.  I don't like calling it an anniversary.  Anniversaries are supposed to celebrate things.  It doesn't seem possible that 9 years have gone by since this terrible event.  I hope Lubbock will continue the American Tribute/Flag display for years to come.  The flags take my breath away year after year!  May we always remember and continue to pray...


love the joy and freedom of this picture!

  • Went to Jackson's first football game of the season.  Cowboys win!!! (My, oh, my it was H.O.T.)


Go Boys!

#9 = My favorite Linebacker/Fullback

Ready to signal the kick-off team
  •  Celebrated Grandparents' Day with some of our favorite people. 
We got to see Yommy and Papa (my mom and dad) and Danny and Debbie at Jackson's game.  Yommy and Papa - I cannot even begin to describe how much they mean to us!  Seriously, there are not enough words for all our love and gratitude!  Danny and Debbie are like another set of grandparents to my kids.  I have known them all my life and love them dearly.  They come to all of Jackson and Kendall's activities.  They are a huge part of our support system!  We went by to Gee-Gee (Zach's mom) after Jackson's game.  She was sleeping when we got there, but woke up and visited with us for a bit.  She was in good spirits and looked great!  My kids are beyond blessed to know and love their great-great-grandmother!  Wished we could have seen Memaw (my grandma) today -sometimes Vernon feels longer that 3 hours away.  Hopefully we will see her soon!



We love Gee-Gee!

Our kids are so lucky to have such great people in their lives.

  • took Jackson to his first official Church choir practice (tear).
  • Ate dinner with some of the aforementioned Grandparents!
Danny is trying to teach Kendall how to "focus" on her hamburger - Too cute!
We had a great weekend! Hope you did as well!

Verse of the day - "Do not forget the things your eyes have seen or let them slip from your heart as long as you live.  Teach them to your children and to their children after them." Deuteronomy 4:9

Blessings,
Kelli

No comments:

Post a Comment