Saturday, May 7, 2011

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle...

Since Earth Day fell on Good Friday this year, we celebrated a day early at school.  I "stole" our project from Kendall's teacher at her school.  I drove up one day to see her class outside flying "kites".  They had plastic bags with yarn attached to them.  You would have thought each of them had been given a million dollars.  They were having such a great time!  I thought it would make a great Earth day project since our kids have such a hard time understanding the concept of reusing something.


Our supplies

Headed to the blacktop
  
Of course the West Texas wind that had been blowing 75 mph this whole spring wasn't blowing for the 20 minutes we were outside!

We got a little bit of wind which made these girls happy!

 
Jackson tries to stand and let it blow...


And as we lined up to head in  - the wind starts blowing again!
The kids had a great time "reusing" the plastic bags as kites.  They are still talking about it.  I love it when I can "steal" great ideas!

Verse of the day - "They will neither harm nor destroy on all my holy mountain, for the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the LORD as the waters cover the sea." Isaiah 11:9

Blessings,
Kelli

2 comments:

  1. I am guilty of "stealing" some of my best ideas. It is an excellent recycling method!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha!Isn't that the way it works!! When you need the wind, it disappears - until you go back inside! I'll bet there were a lot of 'kites' flying in the neighborhood that evening!

    ReplyDelete