Monday, May 2, 2011

Playing Catch Up Part 2

After a short detour for Kendall's birthday...we're back to playing catch up! 

I took Kendall to see Sesame Street Live when it came to town.  She loves Elmo, so I thought she might like to see him on stage.  Zach had to work this particular weekend, so Yommy took Jackson to a birthday party (see catch up part 3) and Kendall and I went on a little date.


In front of the cast of characters - she may or may not have had to twist my arm for this stuffed Zoe doll.


The stage


Ready for the show to begin!


I'm going to go ahead and admit that I got a little teary eyed when the Sesame Street music started to play!  I thought I'm such a big dork - then I looked at the couple next to us.  They had brought their 9-month old daughter to see the show.  I felt a little less dorky then!



Abby Cadabby - another one of Kendall's favorites


Big Bird!


Ohm, nom, nom, nom...


Finally - ELMO!

The letter of the day was K - just for Kendall ;)  This character's name was Kay - there was a little mix-up in the letter-order department.


Aunt Jessica and Jackson's favorite - Super Grover



The premise of the show was that Super Grover had lost his powers.  Someone needed to take his place, but who?  Why these four monsters of course - Telly, Abby, Zoe and Elmo!


Luckily, we ran into some good friends who took our picture.  Thanks, Laura and Family!!!


Kendall and Boden checking each other out...


And deciding that they like each other well enough for a hug and Kendall went in for the kiss!  Laura's family was so cute - Laura, Boden and her mom and dad all had on Sesame Street shirts.  Again - I kick myself for not having a picture! 


My favorite - Oscar the Grouch


Good news - Super Elmo and Company saved the day by using Healthy Habits!  Who would have guessed it?

 I had so much fun with my girl.  She LOVED the show and sat so still and listened the whole time!  If you've ever seen or heard us in church or at sporting events (really in any public place for that matter), I know that might be hard to believe!  I love that she is old enough now for us to go on mommy/daughter dates!  Can't wait for more to come...

Verse of the day - "What is important is faith expressing itself in love." Galatians 5:6

Blessings,
Kelli

1 comment:

  1. Loved the pics!! I am glad that you both had a great time.

    ReplyDelete