Friday, July 22, 2011

Hot Fun in the Summertime

This summer has been HOT!  A record 30 days (and counting) over 100 degrees hot.  When it hasn't been over 100 it's been a cool 99 or even a chillier 96.  We've done a lot of fun things this summer trying to keep cool and still have fun.  We've read lots of books.  We've gone to the movies (Kung Fu Panda 2, Cars 2, Mr. Popper's Penguins, The Zookeeper).  We've gone bowling.  We've gone to VBS and Jackson's been to lots of fun camps.  We've had lots of morning park play dates and McDonald's lunch play dates.  We've done a LOT of swimming (my kids are now beige instead of white:).  It's been a great summer - I am so blessed to be able to spend each second with my love bugs!


Bowling Babe
 
Bowling Bubba

My friend Cheryl and I taught the entering 2nd graders during VBS at church this year.  We had the best group of kids!  And I'm not just saying that - they were darling!  They were so well-behaved during each activity.  Their singing and dancing during gathering time was so cute!  On Monday, we asked them to bring their Bibles with them each day.  I nearly cried the next morning as each of them walked in with their little Bibles, not to mention their offering for our Habitat for Humanity family.  Seriously, we could not have had a more precious group of children!  Thanks again to Cheryl for helping me - I couldn't have done it without her!!!
 
Waiting to play the water relay game on the last day of VBS


Beautiful Taylor finishing up her relay race.  They had to "bat" the exercise ball through an obstacle course using the water noodle.


Big Jack's turn

Enjoying a snow cone (and sitting ever so ladylike) while Bubba finishes up a swimming lesson.

Another day, another snow cone...this time Jacks gets one too!
 Kendall loves the freedom her floaties give her!

Jackson needed some "tough love" swimming lessons this year.  He could doggie paddle and hold his own, but could not really swim.  He went under a few years ago during swimming lessons at another pool.  It scared him A LOT.  I couldn't even talk him into lessons last year.  I chose Seahorse this year because of all the great things I had heard about it.  I'm so glad I did - he's like a different kid in the water!


Graduation Dive - so proud!


My mom found the box with all my old Cabbage Patch Kids in it.  Kendall was so excited!!!  Fun memories!
 
We've had a lot of fun play dates with Kim and her sweet kids.  I should take pictures every time, but I always forget.  I snapped this with my phone.  I couldn't resist how cute Kendall and little brother (a.k.a. her future husband) looked holding hands leaving the park!
Verse of the day - "It was you who set all the boundaries of the earth; you made both summer and winter." Psalm 74:17

Blessings,
Kelli

2 comments:

  1. Were those swim lessons at Sea Horse? Love that place! Looks like you guys are having a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those 2 sweet kids are very lucky!!!

    ReplyDelete