Friday, July 22, 2011

Beauty is pain

Kendall is a girly girl!  I mean serious GIRL!  She loves clothes, bows, shoes, jewelry, and anything that sparkles.  Well, Kendall's friend Olivia got her ears pierced.  So, guess what my little "monkey see, monkey do" girl wanted to do!  She had mentioned it before, but now she was asking me every hour.  I told her it would hurt.  It didn't sway her.  I told her it would hurt BAD.  Still did not phase her.  "I pierce my ears today?" was the question she went to bed and woke up asking...

So, I talked it over with some mommy friends.  My friend Kim told me some pediatricians pierce ears.  Seriously?  Never, in a million years would that have crossed my mind (Kim's so smart!!!!).  I immediately called our pedi - and yep, they do it!  My mom said that doctors used to be the only ones who pierced ears.  She said an old, male surgeon pierced her ears (that's why they're uneven - her words not mine).  I felt much, much better knowing the pediatrician would pierce her ears.  We made an appointment for that same week and away we went!


Brother came along...Not sure if it was for moral support or to watch the pain!

So excited!

Her little lobe before...


And after! They were out of pink, so she chose blue flowers.

Then we went to show Daddy at work.

And we had to go show Yommy at work! 
Don't let these pictures fool you.  It did hurt and she did cry!!!  After they did the first ear, she said "I don't want earrings!"  Too late sister - we've already done one, we are doing the other!  She cried for about a minute, until - she looked in the mirror and realized how cute she looked!  Beauty lesson #1 my love - sometimes, beauty is pain!
Verse of the day - "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139:14

Blessings,
Kelli

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Brave girl! I didn't get my ears pierced until I was 11, and it sure did hurt then. You go, Kendall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is beautiful, even through the pain.

    ReplyDelete